Sunday, January 17, 2016

9 patches

While I have been cutting scraps for my split apple cores into four piles (remember my scrap system that I have mentioned a few times on my blog?), I figured that it would be sensible to also cut pieces for another UFO that uses the same fabrics.

This is a 9-patch project that has never been shown before on my blog.  Looking back at when this was started, it appears around 2009.  Perhaps it was meant to be a leader/ender project.  I don't remember.  Too much time has passed.  Anyway, there were not many pieces in those piles.  Time to do something about that.
 Up onto my design wall they went.  A good start.
 After two days of working, I can see progress.
I try to do my 9-patches in groups of 10 or more.  After they are sewn together, up they go on the design wall and stepping back, I can feel that an accomplishment has been made.  A few here and there don't make any difference, but 10 blocks show up instantly.
After 3 days of work, definite progress.
I need to keep this momentum going!!!  :o)

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Raewyn said...

A lovely project Rose Marie - and exciting to see it growing so well! Good on you for pulling out another UFO!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks so good xxx

ES said...

Making progress feels good, doesn't it! And the nine patches are looking great :) one day I might attempt an apple core quilt, but I'll just admire yours for now!

Jennifer said...

Making good progress, that's for sure!

Jayne Honnold said...

Go! Go! Go! It is coming together beautifully!

Rosa said...

Go.It`s just beautiful!

sandi s said...

It looking wonderful! Hugs,

Barb said...

wonderful nine patch quilt here - love those little blocks!

Ellen said...

It's going to be another beautiful quilt!