Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A Freeloader

Belvie at http://thisquiltersemptynest.blogspot.com/ left me a comment for my June 17 post and asked me to walk a few extra steps for her. So, Belvie, here is what was at the end of my walk …. a heron just waiting for a free handout from the people fishing on the dock.

One young lady took pity and gave the bird her catch and the heron was not shy about gobbling it up. This bird has been hanging around the dock for about three years now and it is not afraid of vehicle traffic on the dock or people.

I'm back in Toronto for a few weeks and will now be able to get caught up with my comments and visiting blogs.

Thank you so much to all who left me comments about my last few posts. I have tried to reply to your comments, but if I have missed any, it was not my intention to do so. There is always so much happening at my Mom's, that while reading your comments, I intended to reply but got interrupted and probably forgot if I did reply or not. Oops!

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a neat photo, glad your back with us.

Unknown said...

So the bird now depends on the people to feed him ;)

atet said...

Great photo -- and what a little beggar. I do wish folks wouldn't feed animals like that -- but what can you do?

Glad you are back for a bit! I've been missing my eye candy!

Belvie said...

Thanks for the few extra steps and for the pics of what was at the end. Have one of those that comes to the pond by my house. Love to watch him catch his own dinner!

marisa said...

thanks for your visit on my blog.
Happy to see your pictures and your quilts.Ciao

Teodo said...

Beautiful pics.
Happy holydays in Toronto? We'll wait for you here.
ciao ciao